Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415161718192025 ... LastLast

Thread: The Parc (D5, Freehold, Chip Eng Seng & Lehman Brothers)

Quote Originally Posted by stalingrad
    so, now this squashed looking condo called the parc will stand as the poster child of how speculation can ruin your life. stuck with five condos and cannot sell even one. haha.

your reasoning doesn't make sense. if it is good location that explained why people speculated, then how come they cannot find buyers now. the good location is not so good after all. plus the mscp and ugly look. aiyo, so ugly.

tell you the truth, we bought carabelle for less than 600 psf, and now it is selling for more than 1000 psf. people who bought the parc at 900 psf at launch cannot sell at 900 psf.

now, who is the moron now? you you you!!!
    Lenin,

Dun be a commie, just accept the fact that in life you cannot be the winner all the time. I see you love to attack other condos within D5, i sense you worry about `competition'. Fact remains, The Parc is nicer than Carabelle. But i think its the color scheme chosen by Sim Lian, nothing that the MCST cannot fix in a few years time. But once a nicer color is chosen, it will just fade and blends into the surrounding. But at least, it wouldnt be the thorn among the roses of Botannia, Infinite, etc. Fact remains, both CES and Sim Lian are also HDB main con. Fact remains The Parc uses stone flooring aka marble or granite (in this case its marble). Fact remains The Parc is highly speculated back in 2007.

A close friend of mine bought 15 units at 1 shot and he has been trying to offload since last year....he offered me a very high floor with sea view at his cost ($870 psf all costs included) but i declined as this is not my pet district. Till date, he is left with 3 above 20th floor units but has since raised his asking to $1100 psf. he is not the only one who bought multiple units, another one bought 10 units and yet another bought 20 units. Till date, CES I think still have some units left over but mostly low floor.

End of day, why do u want to put down other people's home/ investments? It makes you feel good when you managed to floor somebody? C'mon, i think its better that the whole district gets lifted up and your carabelle rides along with the wave, isnt it?

And no point calling the buyers at The Parc morons. Just becoz you bought at at $600 psf and lower than them? Unless you are willing to sell to them your carabelle at $600 psf....at the end of the day, as long as people makes money, why do u care? Or you only feel happy if you can make more money than others? C'mon, this world has enough for everybody to make money, be it ppty or other classes of investments.

I have argued at length with many bulls here but the sg mkt has proven me wrong at least in these past 12 months. I have not added a single ppty in singapore in the past 12 months but I have no bitterness with those who made money here. I only feel sad for the next generation that they have to work longer and harder than their parents to pay off the housing loan. I guess that's why the govt recognizes if income remains at current levels, it will be unsustainable and there, we need to reinvent our economy. raising productivity is good but also not sustainable in the long run, IRs, F1, these will only attract foreigners but will never bring us the increase in income. Singapore definitely need something more innovative. That to me is the $1mio question we all have to ask ourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Avatar
    Haha...you seemed very paranoid abt me. You are totally wrong again!

Don't worry, in terms of hypocrite and disrespectful to elderly, you are Number 1 in this forum (as proven).

Hi Kongming,

Don't worry abt how alike it looks for your condo as it can't get any worse than carabelle (which looks like a condo but in fact quality is worse than HDB) since stalingrad has to constantly worry abt the tiles popping up anytime.
    Pardon me, can't help but wondering, how do you know how old is one in this forum? And does using the term elderly, does it translate to a young one deserve to be shoot at by anyone and an old one empower to fxxk everyone?

Quote Originally Posted by ht
    it's funny you are asking others to be reasonable, when a read of some your
    posts clearly shows how biased you are. I am not invested in the Parc, but I think it's nicer than carabelle. so it can't really be the ugliest. talking about being reasonable.
    Putting behind all the wars between the forumers here and perhaps it individual liking but in my opinion..

You drive past AYE? You see that stupid MULTI-STOREY CARPARK?
    You drive past West Coast Road behind? You see that portion beside HDB Blk 512 and 511?

Goodness, I just can't apprehend how could one had said the parc is nicer than carabelle.

Quote Originally Posted by apple3

Goodness, I just can't apprehend how could one had said the parc is nicer than carabelle.
    692 units.

Translates to pool and common areas are not available for use on weekends and public holidays, unless you love crowds.

Quote Originally Posted by HP65
    Lenin,

Dun be a commie, just accept the fact that in life you cannot be the winner all the time. I see you love to attack other condos within D5, i sense you worry about `competition'. Fact remains, The Parc is nicer than Carabelle. But i think its the color scheme chosen by Sim Lian, nothing that the MCST cannot fix in a few years time. But once a nicer color is chosen, it will just fade and blends into the surrounding. But at least, it wouldnt be the thorn among the roses of Botannia, Infinite, etc. Fact remains, both CES and Sim Lian are also HDB main con. Fact remains The Parc uses stone flooring aka marble or granite (in this case its marble). Fact remains The Parc is highly speculated back in 2007.....
    Hey, I don't like to bad mouth other condos. I like to tell truths about condos, period, whether you like it or not.

I said

(1) the stellar is very noisy and dusty
    (2) the parc is very ugly and the developer is a cheat
    (3) Rivergate is overpriced consdering the sewer it is located next to
    (4) the infiniti is so noisy I wonder how any humans can live there
    (5) hundred trees is overpriced considering it is so close to AYE
    (6) the vision is a no no if you want to make money
    (7) varsity park is nice although some complained about the workmanship.

In this society where people can say positive things but not negative things, I think you can learn a thing or two from me.

as for some of the things I said that were not pleasant, please read the postings carefully, you would see that I was responding to those nasty jerks like ebay and avatar, who attacked me first. Obviously, some people don't like to hear truths.

by the way, the parc is really really ugly, and I just don't understand how anyone can deny it unless you are an ostrich hiding your head in a pile of chicken droppings.
    Last edited by stalingrad; 03-05-10 at 12:44.

Hey, I don't like to bad mouth other condos. I like to tell truths about condos, period, whether you like it or not.

I said

(1) the stellar is very noisy and dusty
    (2) the parc is very ugly and the developer is a cheat
    (3) Rivergate is overpriced consdering the sewer it is located next to
    (4) the infiniti is so noisy I wonder how any humans can live there
    (5) hundred trees is overpriced considering it is so close to AYE
    (6) the vision is a no no if you want to make money
    (7) varsity park is nice although some complained about the workmanship.

In this society where people can say positive things but not negative things, I think you can learn a thing or two from me.

as for some of the things I said that were not pleasant, please read the postings carefully, you would see that I was responding to those nasty jerks like ebay and avatar, who attacked me first. Obviously, some people don't like to hear truths.

by the way, the parc is really really ugly, and I just don't understand how anyone can deny it unless you are an ostrich hiding your head in a pile of chicken droppings.
    Not trying to defend The Parc (no reason to as I'm personally not vested here) and I agree it looks a lot like those new HDB flats. But then again, looking like HDB is not a bad thing imo. Its actually nice, and those new Sengkang HDB flats are also quite nice imo. Nicer than even my Ridgewood (HUDC looking!!) or Sommerville Park. While you are probably telling the truth about other's condos, however you seem unable to accept the reality of your own condo being less attractive than even HDB flats.

Btw, your 2nd point can subject yourself to defamation suits, esp when the developer is listed on the SGX and they have lots to lose if you cannot prove that your claim is false.

Not trying to defend The Parc (no reason to as I'm personally not vested here) and I agree it looks a lot like those new HDB flats. But then again, looking like HDB is not a bad thing imo. Its actually nice, and those new Sengkang HDB flats are also quite nice imo. Nicer than even my Ridgewood (HUDC looking!!) or Sommerville Park. While you are probably telling the truth about other's condos, however you seem unable to accept the reality of your own condo being less attractive than even HDB flats.

Btw, your 2nd point can subject yourself to defamation suits, esp when the developer is listed on the SGX and they have lots to lose if you cannot prove that your claim is false.
    if I can be sued for saying that the developer is a cheat, you can be sued for saying that my condo is less attractive than an HDB flat. it is all opinions. so, what to sue me for?

I do think that the developer is dishonest. When interviewed by newspaper reporters, it said that most units are sold to young families with kids. It turned out all units were sold to associates and employees. it also labelled the mscp as plazas. I rest my case.

whatever you said about my condo is fine. I am all for speech of freedom. unlike me, but like xebay and avatar, you want to stifle honest opinions by attacking people who say things you don't like. you are just a typical singaporean.

if I can be sued for saying that the developer is a cheat, you can be sued for saying that my condo is less attractive than an HDB flat. it is all opinions. so, what to sue me for?

I do think that the developer is dishonest. When interviewed by newspaper reporters, it said that most units are sold to young families with kids. It turned out all units were sold to associates and employees. it also labelled the mscp as plazas. I rest my case.

whatever you said about my condo is fine. I am all for speech of freedom. unlike me, but like xebay and avatar, you want to stifle honest opinions by attacking people who say things you don't like. you are just a typical singaporean.
    Bro, say whatever you want to say, especially if you think its your honest opinions, as long as you can sleep soundly at night. Remember you mentioned Carabelle boasts marble while The Parc uses homogeneous tiles? End of the day, its definitely not us, but probably the burden of proof lies with you. And I think people like avatar and xebay, like most typical singaporeans, will be laughing at you when they see your face (aha, that must be stalingrad) in Straits Times walking out of Sub. Court. Ya, singaporeans are like this, they love to watch a good show as we do not have Broadway and life is relatively peaceful here.

Bro, say whatever you want to say, especially if you think its your honest opinions, as long as you can sleep soundly at night. Remember you mentioned Carabelle boasts marble while The Parc uses homogeneous tiles? End of the day, its definitely not us, but probably the burden of proof lies with you. And I think people like avatar and xebay, like most typical singaporeans, will be laughing at you when they see your face (aha, that must be stalingrad) in Straits Times walking out of Sub. Court. Ya, singaporeans are like this, they love to watch a good show as we do not have Broadway and life is relatively peaceful here.
    haha, getting sued for saying that the tiles are homogeneous. the court here must be really busy.

(2) the parc ... the developer is a cheat
    didn't follow the story. what happened ?

FIre Sale!! Fire Sale!!

The Parc condo for sale : 1421sqft, Mid flr, 900psf, below bank value & average market price. Grab or regret.....

www.JackTanProperty.com

Quote Originally Posted by apple3
    Pardon me, can't help but wondering, how do you know how old is one in this forum? And does using the term elderly, does it translate to a young one deserve to be shoot at by anyone and an old one empower to fxxk everyone?
    Perhaps you didn't read his posting on one's mother. Is there a need to bring in one's mother in an argument?

as I said, if you just keep quiet on something you don't know, that is perfectly normal. have you mother ever told you that? you must have been raised by a mother with zero education and zero etiquette. your mother would be very ashamed of your behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    didn't follow the story. what happened ?

Oh our dear Stalingrad is saying...mentioning Plaza which is on top of a MSCP in a site plan, the developer is cheating buyers...

Quote Originally Posted by lancertan
    FIre Sale!! Fire Sale!!

The Parc condo for sale : 1421sqft, Mid flr, 900psf, below bank value & average market price. Grab or regret.....

www.JackTanProperty.com
    A lot of people waiting for the REAL fire sale...

Quote Originally Posted by sfwoo
    When prices hit 1100psf..900psf become real firesale

Buying a house for own stay has alot of consideration. One main consideration is what kind of neighbours you will have. So what if you stay in a nice development but you get 'ugly' resident in your midst.

In addition, Stalingrad forgot to mention abt Carabelle. To be fair, below are some facts:

1) Carabelle is also next to AYE and just as bad. By telling us how bad is Infiniti and Hundred Trees, Carabelle is equally bad.

2) a) It also give inferior quality as you can see the picture below which show the wardrobe of Carabelle. Why can't a developer build a nicer wardrobe? You can see how bad it has decolourised.

b) In addition, Stalingrad has also confirmed in his own postings below.

One issue is borderline workmanship. We moved into our new condo this year, and I found a grand total of 3 defects, including a chipped marble slab. Wife went in to do her own checking, and came back with 40 defects. the differences? many of the defects she found were not defects, just things that can be made "more pretty." so, it really depends how sensitive and demanding the owner is. I am the least sensitive type. women are usually more sensitive.

another issue is uneven workmanship. Our unit was not perfect, but it was acceptable. One contractor took us to the penhouse in our stack. Gee, that was really badly done. so many things were done with very little care. Tiles on the floors are chipped. Tiles on the walls are not closely laid, leaving huge gaps. Window panes chipped, one of them was ripped down the middle. horror. it really depends on who does your unit, and when. If the worker is in a bad mood, or drunk something, you unit will look like the set for a horror movie.
    The list goes on. both botannia and carabelle were launched later than clementi woods, and we have lived in our units for so long, the units are already showing signs of wear and tear.
    For a condo which just TOP in 2009, it is rather bad to show signs of wear and tear in less than one year!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by sfwoo
    There seems to be a typo error. It should read grab AND regret

Quote Originally Posted by Avatar
    Buying a house for own stay has alot of consideration. One main consideration is what kind of neighbours you will have. So what if you stay in a nice development but you get 'ugly' resident in your midst.

In addition, Stalingrad forgot to mention abt Carabelle. To be fair, below are some facts:

1) Carabelle is also next to AYE and just as bad. By telling us how bad is Infiniti and Hundred Trees, Carabelle is equally bad.

2) a) It also give inferior quality as you can see the picture below which show the wardrobe of Carabelle. Why can't a developer build a nicer wardrobe? You can see how bad it has decolourised.

b) In addition, Stalingrad has also confirmed in his own postings below.

For a condo which just TOP in 2009, it is rather bad to show signs of wear and tear in less than one year!
    I think it's quite obvious he feels threatened enough that he needs to put down other condos to make Carabelle seems like the Ardmore of West Coast. The Parc in my opinion is afterall a mass market condo, based on the current mkt price, number of units and location. Its somewhat like the Centro at AMK but has the added important advantage of being a freehold ppty. And if i compare ppty like Centro and Trivista, and also the prices of carabelle, Infinity, I think The Parc has room to move a notch or two, thus lifting neighboring ppty like Stalin's Red Square, oops I mean Carabelle.

Ok, I think i should stop talking about The Parc, I feel like I'm promoting this place for my friends.....must be too much free golf...so my opinions are biased, just to state upfront.

I think it's quite obvious he feels threatened enough that he needs to put down other condos to make Carabelle seems like the Ardmore of West Coast. The Parc in my opinion is afterall a mass market condo, based on the current mkt price, number of units and location. Its somewhat like the Centro at AMK but has the added important advantage of being a freehold ppty. And if i compare ppty like Centro and Trivista, and also the prices of carabelle, Infinity, I think The Parc has room to move a notch or two, thus lifting neighboring ppty like Stalin's Red Square, oops I mean Carabelle.

Ok, I think i should stop talking about The Parc, I feel like I'm promoting this place for my friends.....must be too much free golf...so my opinions are biased, just to state upfront.
    What you said was a load of hogwash. I never initiated any attack on any condo. Normally it was someone saying something that I agreed with that got me involved in the discussion. For example, someone said how can the parc be so ugly, so much like HDB estates and such, and following that, I said something to the same effect. That is called discussion, not vicious attack. What you, avatar and xebay, and all those obnoxious singaporeans do is whether the concerns are valid or not, you immediately take offense and engage in personalities, either saying the attackers have ulterior motives, or he is trying make his own properties look better, and such.

Before I came to this country to work, I had a lot of respect for singaporeans. After all these years, I realize that you guys are no better than poor peasants in china. after all, you all descended from the same stock. so, stop pretending to be superior to all those poor peasant farmers in china. you are as graceless and obnoxious as all those PRC immigrants you singaporeans are fond of attacking.

by the way, I always suspected that you were not telling the truth when you said "I am not vested in this condo." Now you are telling the truth.
    Last edited by stalingrad; 04-05-10 at 11:45.

Before I came to this country to work, I had a lot of respect for singaporeans. After all these years, I realize that you guys are no better than poor peasants in china. after all, you all descended from the same stock. so, stop pretending to be superior to all those poor peasant farmers in china.
    By saying that...u r no diff from them

Before I came to this country to work, I had a lot of respect for singaporeans. After all these years, I realize that you guys are no better than poor peasants in china. after all, you all descended from the same stock. so, stop pretending to be superior to all those poor peasant farmers in china. you are as graceless and obnoxious as all those PRC immigrants you singaporeans are fond of attacking.
    er, mind sharing where are you from then? ~

I think Stalingrad is ang moh?
    May need translation.

Reporter is offline F01 N54 Sheer Driving Pleasure

The Parc Condo has a nëw hïgh of $1,199 psf!

The Parc Condo
    Address ............................ psf ............... Area ........ Price ......... Contract Date
    7 West Coast Walk #24-13 .... $1,199 psf .... 667 sqft .... $800,000 .... 16 Apr 10

Errr .... how do we know which forumers are s'poreans and which non-s'poreans ah?? Muz indicate nationality before registering as user meh? If a forumer is non-s'porean but hold blue IC any difference huh?

What you said was a load of hogwash. I never initiated any attack on any condo. Normally it was someone saying something that I agreed with that got me involved in the discussion. For example, someone said how can the parc be so ugly, so much like HDB estates and such, and following that, I said something to the same effect. That is called discussion, not vicious attack. What you, avatar and xebay, and all those obnoxious singaporeans do is whether the concerns are valid or not, you immediately take offense and engage in personalities, either saying the attackers have ulterior motives, or he is trying make his own properties look better, and such.

by the way, I always suspected that you were not telling the truth when you said "I am not vested in this condo." Now you are telling the truth.
    You are kidding right? I can't help laughing at your comments above Anyway, suit yourself and condemn the whole world, people and ppty, except for your particular house in carabelle which is also the centre of the universe, haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Reporter
    The Parc Condo has a nëw hïgh of $1,199 psf!

The Parc Condo
    Address ............................ psf ............... Area ........ Price ......... Contract Date
    7 West Coast Walk #24-13 .... $1,199 psf .... 667 sqft .... $800,000 .... 16 Apr 10
    This is 1 bedrm and usually higher psf than bigger units. But the 3 bedders and 4 bedders have also crossed $1,000 psf!

Address
    Tenure
    PSF
    Area Sqft
    Price
    Contract Date
    3 West Coast Walk #20-08
    Freehold
    $1000
    $1302k
    16 Apr 10
    1 West Coast Walk #16-02
    Freehold
    $1006
    $1223k
    09 Apr 10
    9 West Coast Walk #07-19
    Freehold
    $1000
    $1518k
    08 Apr 10

Actually, the first time I saw "The Parc" I didn't know it was called "The Parc" but the first word that came to my mind was "pleasant".

It's simple but pleasant looking, especially the blue balconies.

So did you bot a unit there?

Quote Originally Posted by jlrx
    Actually, the first time I saw "The Parc" I didn't know it was called "The Parc" but the first word that came to my mind was "pleasant".

It's simple but pleasant looking, especially the blue balconies.

The blue thing is just the protective film for the balcony glass...isn't it?